I suck at getting skinny …

…well, truth be told, I suck at taking care of myself. I’ve got great intentions, and a fine plan in place, but my follow through sucks. Really sucks.

I hate pretty much all vegetables and really like chips. I enjoy TV and playing on my computer a whole lot more than I like going for a walk. I forget to eat until I’m starving, and it’s usually midnight when I remember to eat something. I’ve got issues … big fat butt causing issues.

But, I’m willing to give this whole “get skinny healthy thing” one more try and I know that this time, it’s going to stick. I can feel it in my bones … that’s a good thing right?

I’ve already done some things this time that I’ve never done before, and I can say without question, they’ve put my head in a different place.

I let my husband take before pictures of me. Not in a bikini, because frankly that’s just all kinds of wrong but in shorts and a tank top. I can say without question, that sucked a lot. But I can also tell you when I saw the pictures, it was shocking. What I saw in the pictures is NOT AT ALL what I see when I look in a mirror. Not at all. Why is that exactly? Why don’t I see what pictures show? I don’t get it.

I let my husband take my measurements. And again, that sucked, a lot. But I did it, and there’s now an actual record of the “before me”.

I weighed myself, and did NOT share that with my husband. It is written down for posterity and thankfully I’m still 30lbs less than my start weight, but nowhere near where I got to before. So annoying.

I’ve set alarms in my cellphone to remind me to take my vitamins and medications that I continually forget to take and then question why I feel like crap all the time.

I’ve let my husband make me an exercise plan, and I’m actually doing it. I absolutely hate it, but I’m doing it. I’m hopeful that the “you’ll start to love exercise” feelings kick in a lot sooner than later, because I am SO not feeling them now.

Thankfully, my group weight loss challenge started today, which means I’ve got a huge support system in place. My heads in a great space, and I need to do this. I am going to do this.

Today is Day Number One. It’s the first day of something awesome.

losingweight

*If you want to read more of my weight loss journey … check out “the road to skinny” section in this blog.

Tagged: , , , ,

9 thoughts on “I suck at getting skinny …

1. oawritingspoemspaintings January 10, 2013 at 12:10 am Reply

Do I understand… I went through it all, my only answer was Oa ( You can check my essays there ) I threw out my scales, eat three meals a d

2. oawritingspoemspaintings January 10, 2013 at 12:14 am Reply

Sorry it got cut there… three meals a day no matter what but, the real cure, the last touch was blogging, building a network of people who share their talents. That got me busy and created a diversion, but everyone’s got the answer to their problems, you will find yours given time, we just need a load of patience and never to give up. Good luck with it all 🙂

3. Pkriopel January 10, 2013 at 9:12 am Reply

I so hear you on that. I am in theme place. Two things I am doing differently that have helped with th mental aspect of it. 1. I am reading a book called PUSH by Chalene Johnston from Beachbody on setting priorities and goals.Amazing the change than has already come I’m that. I highly recommend it. There is also a great free 30 day Push from her website that you can go through and each day she emails you a video and one of the steps. Very good. .
    The second thing is also very simple. My PUSH goal for the year is to get healthy. For me that includes loosing a little over 100 lbs. that big number can be discouraging and overwhelming at times. But I took that number and divided it over the 52 weeks in the year. So now if I just loose 2.5 lbs this week and the next 51 weeks in one year I have reached that. My brain and thoughts say 2.5 lbs…I can do that. So easy but for me so revelatory. All the best to you in your successful journey.

• this mom's got something to say ... January 10, 2013 at 9:14 am Reply

That is SUCH an awesome way to look at it. I’m facing the 100 pound goal too, and I can most definitely wrap my head around 2.5 lbs per week. Thank-you so much for sharing!! Good Luck and happy getting healthy to you too!!

4. x melissa little January 10, 2013 at 6:21 pm Reply

I’m totally with you. I have tried multiple times to get back to my original size, but nothing seems to work. Granted I haven’t been doing everything that I should. I completely changed the food I eat from junk to goodness and how much weight did I lose? One measly pound. So I figured the only way I’m going to get rid of this large curd cottage cheese is to actually exercise. Isn’t exercising a sin? Anyhow, that’s what I have resorted to and am hoping to see some results soon.

I loved your idea of setting your alarm to take vitamins. I conveniently forget to take mine as well. I think I too will set an alarm to remind me. 🙂

Best of luck with getting your skinny back. You can do it!

x melissa little

5. aliceatwonderland January 27, 2013 at 6:33 am Reply

This weight loss questing is so much fun, right? Taking the before picture was brave. I sort of had one when they took that group shot of me sitting and the thighs were . . . not pleasant. Good luck to you. BTW, what group are you working with?

• this mom's got something to say ... January 29, 2013 at 7:09 pm Reply

I actually run a “weightloss challenge” group and we’re all competing for a large pot of money. It’s nice to be surrounded and encouraged by people in the same boat as I am. I wish them all well, but I want the money. LOL.